Here is this week’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through Oct. 5.
- Doses administered: Over 4.82 million.
- Received at least one shot: More than 2.48 million or 88.7% of San Diegans 12 and older are partially vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated: Close to 2.23 million or 79.4%.
- More vaccination information can be found at coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- 38 new deaths were reported since the last report on Sept. 29. The region’s total is 4,104.
- 12 women and 26 men died between Aug. 9 and Oct. 3, 2021.
- Six were 80 years of age or older, nine were in their 70s, nine were in their 60s, seven were in their 50s and seven were in their 40s.
- Eight of the people who died were fully vaccinated and 30 were not fully vaccinated.
- 33 had underlying medical conditions and five had medical history pending.
Cases, Hospitalizations, Case Rates and Testing:
- 387 COVID-19 cases were reported to the County on Oct. 5. The region’s total is now 359,537.
- 3,631 cases were reported in the past week (Sept. 29 through Oct. 5) compared to 4,660 cases the previous week (Sept. 22 through Sept. 28).
- In the past 30 days (Sept. 6 to Oct. 5), there were 293 COVID-19 hospitalizations; 285 people were not fully vaccinated and 8 were fully vaccinated.
- San Diego County’s case rate per 100,000 residents is 18.9 overall, 8.8 for fully vaccinated people and 33.4 for not fully vaccinated San Diegans.
- 22,455 tests were reported to the County on Oct. 5, and the percentage of new positive cases was 1.7%.
- The 14-day rolling percentage of positive cases among tests is 2.5%.
Community Setting Outbreaks:
- 42 new community outbreaks were confirmed in the past seven days (Sept. 29 through Oct. 5): 16 in TK-12 grade school settings, five in government settings, four in business settings, four in daycare/preschool/childcare settings, four in restaurant/bar settings, two in after-school program settings, two in fitness/gym settings, one in a college/university setting, one in a construction setting, one in a distribution warehouse setting, one in a hotel/resort/spa setting and one in a restaurant setting.
- The community outbreaks trigger is more than seven in a 7-day period.
Data updates to the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website are published around 5 p.m.